miércoles, 10 de abril de 2013

Hello everyone,
I am an English as a foreign language teacher in Mexico. I teach English at highschool level. In the last years, the UNAM ( National University of Mexico), institution where I work,    has provided a lot of teacher training to make the integration of technology in our classrooms a reality.
In addition, self-acess centers have been opened with all types of material and  commercial software for independent study. Our programs establish 20 hours of independent study at the self-acess center as part of the requirements.
I work as a tutor in the self-access center too, and my main task is to design and promote activities which students enjoy to practice English.

I believe in empowering students with technology as it allows them freedom of choice and motivation.
I am thrilled to be in this course and learn from others as well as learning about  Instreamia.
In this picture, I  am with a colleague and some students in the self-acess center.
We are playing pictionary.


My native language is Spanish.
I myself have improved my English skills and learned about various topics through podcasts.
I like to listen to podcasts (mostly from the BBC) while I work out.
In my free time , I try to exercise , I  love playing tennis on weekends and  I enjoy outdoor activities such as walking and hiking .
I am sure this course will be a memorable experience with such an enthusiastic community.






1 comentario:

  1. That's fantastic that your school requires 20 hours of independent study! I think it is so important for them to go beyond the assignments the teacher has them do. I have no doubt that your students will greatly benefit from the methods you'll learn in this course! I'm glad you're here.

    ResponderEliminar